Join Our Team
Housing Rights, Inc., as most non-profits, seeks partnerships with members of the community that believe in the mission of the organization, which is: ‘Housing Rights, Inc. works to eradicate housing discrimination and to promote understanding by tenants and landlords of their rights and responsibilities through outreach, investigation, mediation, education and enforcement of fair housing laws.’
There are a number of team positions available:
- Team Sponsor: you can give to Housing Rights, Inc. in a number of ways.
As a team member your help with....
- $5 will allow us to send a ‘California Tenants’ guide, published by the State of California to a renter.
- $10 will allow us to produce and send a ‘Renters’ Logbook to a renter to assist them in documenting their ‘rent’ experience!
- $30 will allow us to ‘pull’ the credit history for a homeseeker so that he/she will know just where s/he stand when looking for housing.
- $250 will allow us to host a meeting of tenants to discuss their rights and responsibilities and the condition of their current living situation.
- $1,000 will allow us to document the condition of an apartment that has been allowed to deteriorate so that it is now unhealthy for children to live there.
You may donate directly to us by sending a check to:
Housing Rights, Inc.
P.O. Box 12895
Berkeley, CA. 94712
There are many other ways to donate:
- You may donate to us through Groundspring with a guaranteed secure transation.
- You may fill out the donation form and donate by credit card a single time or on a payment schedule.
- You may donate by payroll deduction through the United Way of the Bay Area (theunitedway.org - our number is: #3962) or through the Bay Area Black United Fund (babuf.org - our number is: #227).
- You may donated as you shop at various participating stores through Escrip (Escrip.com -our number is: #3881345. Download an Escrip enrollment form (PDF: 0.3MB) or
- Albertsons Commnity Partners Program (Albertsons.com/cp - our number is: ID#49001001085)