Join Our Team\Take Action
Do you want to donate time?
- For 1 day a month you could solicit food and drink donations for our tenant meetings, or
- For 2 hours a week you could review selected print and internet adds for discriminatory practices, or
- For 1 day a week you could help with copying, printing and collating so that the Housing Specialists can concentrate on their work with their clients, or
- If you were ‘on-call’ you could help us staff a table at a fair or make a presentation to kindergartners!
If you are an attorney you can join our Lawyer Referral Service. Call 510-548-8776 x310 for more information)
If you have one of the following expertise, boy can we use your help!
- Developing and conducting training
- LAN development and maintainance
- Website development
- Database development and maintainance
And we always have newletters to fold and envelopes to put labels on if you want to help with that!
Housing Rights, Inc. is proud to work in partnership with the community by recruiting, training and engaging volunteers in fighting discrimination.
Below are some of the volunteer positions we have available:
Office Support: Performs general office activities as needed. Activities include but are not limited to: folding brochures, copying documents, preparing large mailings, answering phones.
School Outreach: Assist staff in conducting outreach to schoold, shelters and affordable housing developments. Outreach consists of presentations and activities designed to educate youth about fair housing rights and resonsibilities.
Media Monitoring: Can be carried out at home! Volunteers monitor newspapers and other publications for discriminatory advertising. Training and written material provided.
Non-English Speaking Population Outreach: Bi-lingual individuals assist staff with outreach through other community-based organizations to individuals who do not speak English (immigrants and other). Purpose is to educate these individuals regarding their fair housing rights and responsibilities.
Special Projects: Volunteers work on a variety of projects (can be designed to meet particular needs of volunteer) such as: legal research on a topic of concern to Housing Rights clients, fundraising (soliciting donations for specific projects such as the agency calendar), event planning.
If you are interested in volunteering with Housing Rights, Inc. or know someone who is, please download our volunteer application (PDF: 0.05MB). Mail or fax to us. We will call you right away!