Training Program for Housing Providers
Fair Housing IS Good Business!
Continuing Education for Real Estate Professionals
Fair Housing is Good Business! is a 3 hour/3 unit course approved by the Department of Real Estate. The course sponsor is Housing Rights, Inc. (www.housingrights.org).
- Click for a copy of our General Information Sheet (PDF: 0.01MB)
- And here for a copy of our training brochure (PDF: 0.2MB)
- Click here for a look at the first few pages of our powerpoint presentation (PDF: 0.3MB)
We have developed this workshop from our experience in working with housing providers. We believe that Fair Housing IS Good Business. When a housing provider focuses upon ‘sound business practices’, he/she avoids the pitfalls that making assumptions will lead to. Sound business practices dictates that a housing provider base housing related decisions upon the following:
- A housing consumers ability to pay (this includes an analysis of the ‘households’ annual income and record of making payments)
- A housing consumers record of being a ‘good tenant’ and a good neighbor’ (this applies primarily to rental situations)
- A housing consumer meeting specified criteria for government programs (this applies to subsidized housing, loan programs targeted to certain households, etc.)
Our workshop provides basic information in Fair Housing and related laws as well as providing the attendees the opportunity to explore their own understanding and assumptions of these laws.
- Course Objectives:
Give attendees the information they need to make good decisions when in the field.
Provide attendees the opportunity to check out assumptions
- Course Goal: For attendees to connect the practice of ‘fair housing’ to ‘sound business practices’. Thus, Fair Housing is Good Business.
- Cost for the interactive workshop is $50 per person (group rates are available). This includes handouts and refreshments. There is a CD of relevant laws, court cases and other pertinent information available for $25. The CD may be purchased with registration or at the workshop. Sales are final. Defective CD’s will be replaced.
- Workshop Attendees must attend all three hours (50 minute segments with 10 minute breaks) in order to receive credit. A final exam will be given after the course has ended. You will have 30 minutes to complete the exam.
- Workshop Attendees must correctly answer 15(60%) of a 25 item final exam in order to receive credit. Attendees who do not answer 60% of the answers correctly will have to repeat the course. Repeat attendees will be charged the full fee.
- Refunds are available ONLY up until 7 days before the course date. Refunds should be requested in writing (fax number: 510-548-5805). Individuals unable to attend may attend another workshop at a future date.
- Please call 510-548-8776 for our schedule of workshops or to arrange a workshop for your worksite.
Certificate Number: 4233-1001